Experience the healing and preventive health qualities of forests and nature during a Forest Therapy session on Red Gum island, situated on the picturesque Barwon River.
Join Geelong City as an INFTA-Certified Forest Therapy Guide (from In My Nature) teaches us how to relax and unwind as we immerse ourselves in the sounds, smells and other sensory pleasures that Geelong’s natural surroundings offer.
Places are limited so be sure to register via the Eventbrite website.
Preparing for the session
After you’ve registered make sure you alert us of any food allergies or medical conditions (see email address below).
On the day of the walk you should:
- Dress appropriately for the weather – sturdy walking shoes, hat, coat, umbrella, sunscreen etc. The walk can continue in cold or rain, unless conditions are dangerous (heavy rain and/or winds).
- Bring water bottle, snacks and personal medications.
- Leave your phones & cameras at home or turn them off and pack them away for the duration of the walk (technology detox).
- Arrive early to check-in and complete admin paperwork.
- Park in the parking area off Hyland Street and meet near the toilet block at the southern end of the carpark (see map on Eventbrite registration page).
- We encourage you to go to the toilet beforehand as there are no facilities on the walk.