94.7 The Pulse is driven by volunteers
94.7 The Pulse operates with the generous and valuable contribution of our volunteers, and a small team of dedicated staff.
Community radio is a vibrant industry full of people who are passionate about the local area and are in it because they love it. Each week 94.7 The Pulse broadcast a variety of programs with volunteer presenters including talk-based current affairs, specialist music, youth oriented programs and multi-cultural programs.
How to present a program on air with 94.7 The Pulse
All programs aired on 94.7 The Pulse are produced and presented by volunteers.
Programs are assessed and selected based on a range of criteria such as:
– The program has a clear purpose/direction
– The presenters are clearly spoken and mindful of their audience
– The content is relevant, non-offensive, and entertaining
– The sound levels and quality are consistent and clear
How to volunteer with 94.7 The Pulse
We are always looking enthusiastic people from all facets of the community to become a volunteer at 94.7 The Pulse. Community radio thrives on the large range of varied skills of its volunteers.
Prior radio/broadcasting experience is not necessary.
Our volunteers possess any and all of the following attributes:
- a strong interest in a particular subject
- a love of music
- an interest in current affairs
- great admin/office skills
- great networking skills
- highly organised; and
- want to contribute to their local radio station
If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Contact Us or drop into the station to meet our Station Co-Ordinator Leo Renkin.